Driving high-velocity growth is what we do.
Our founders bring over 45 years of sales, executive-level leadership and operations experience in high-growth companies. Our clients benefit from a hands-on, authentic approach that delivers immediate and sustainable results.
Fusing operations excellence with a modern selling perspective.
The founders of Sales Velocity Partners, Chris Scarth and Chris Shee, crossed paths while working for a public technology company. During this time, the company experienced substantial growth fueled by comprehensive and disciplined alignment across sales and business operations.
Having experienced tremendous success with this approach, our partners developed proprietary solutions and software based on four key levers for companies in need of solutions that accelerate growth.
Get to know our team.
About Chris Scarth
Chris Scarth has over 20 years of executive leadership experience in finance, sales operations and general management from small businesses to Fortune 200 ranging from $100M to $20B in revenue.
Prior to founding Sales Velocity Partners, Chris worked at Benefitfocus (NASDAQ: BNFT) as part of the executive leadership team for five years. He ran business units totaling $300M in revenue with P&L, revenue growth and cross-functional delivery responsibilities. In addition to his P&L responsibilities, he created the sales operations function which served as the foundation for supporting five consecutive quarters of 30 percent growth with Chris Shee as the key sales leader.
Chris also spent 16 years with CSC (now NYSE: DXC) running large IT outsourcing deals across six continents and multiple industries including automotive, healthcare, telecom and financial services. He led all aspects of finance and sales operations on CSC’s largest contracts – ranging from $100M to $900M in revenue per year.
You can reach Chris at email@example.com.
- Ran business units totaling $300M
- Delivered five consecutive quarters of 30 percent growth as top sales operations leader
- Created sales operations from scratch including incentive program alignment and pipeline review discipline
- Created the company Deal Desk
- Increased global team from 100 to 900 over an 18-month period
At DXC (formerly CSC)
- Grew largest commercial account from $600M to $900M over a three-year period
- Led business units ranging from $100M to $900M
- Partnered with Big 3 US automotive companies during and through bankruptcy and increased revenue by 20 percent while reducing costs by 30 percent
On accelerating growth
- Win-win value propositions deliver sales at a higher velocity.
- Strong external relationships combined with a focus on customer success can drive strong inside sales growth.
- Effective incentive plans and trips along with sales kick-offs will turbocharge sales results, while ineffective ones hinder sales results.
On the importance of organizational alignment
- Regardless of company size, alignment and frameworks that connect sales, operations and finance will quickly drive sales.
- With aggressive sales goals, gaining alignment and support across the company will exponentially increase the chances of sales success.
- Designing sound deals supported by the whole company is possible, and in turn, increases sales velocity.
On the importance of a Deal Desk
- A good Deal Desk will increase sales and increase speed.
- NPS scores are 20% higher on deals that have gone through a Deal Desk with inside sales performance increased by a similar percent as a result.
On the importance of onboarding
- Hiring the best leaders and effectively onboarding them enables quick scaling in competitive SaaS businesses.
- P&L management
- Sales operations
- Deal structure optimization
- Contract negotiations
- Sales incentive alignment plans
- Creating winning Deal Desks
- Fostering across company sales cultures
- Global operations
- International deals
- Financial and commercial management
- Rewards and recognition
About Chris Shee
Chris Shee has over 27 years of experience in direct sales and executive leadership roles. Chris excels at driving revenue growth and building high-performing sales teams.
Prior to founding Sales Velocity Partners, Chris spent ten years at Benefitfocus (NASDAQ: BNFT) ascending from an individual contributor to several executive roles. As the Senior Vice President of Employer Sales, he was responsible for over 100 sales reps and delivered five consecutive quarters of 30 percent revenue growth with Chris Scarth as his complementary sales operations leader. Chris was a core member of the executive team that led Benefitfocus to one of the most successful IPOs of 2013.
Chris also spent 14 years with ADP (NASDAQ: ADP) progressing from an individual contributor to a key sales leader. Chris excelled at ADP earning 10 President’s Club awards selling to companies with 1000+ employees. He also earned a national sales leader of the year award for operating a highly successful regional field office with 35 staff.
You can reach Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part of the executive leadership team that led the company to one of 2013’s most successful IPOs
- Earned nine President’s Club awards
- Delivered 30 percent growth over five consecutive quarters
- Led revenue growth in the central region from $400,000 to $15M during four-year period
- Scaled regional team from four to 30 during a 12-month period
- Scaled channel sales team from four to 25 members in 12 months
- Drove channel sales to 25% of overall sales
- Achieved #1 sales leader nationally
- Earned 10 President’s Club awards
- Scaled two teams with the largest going from 15 to 40 reps over a two-year period
On building consistently high-performing sales teams
- Activity and accountability are paramount to driving sales performers to reach their potential.
- A tight interview process with clearly stated and aligned goals is crucial.
- A strong onboarding process is a key step in helping create a healthy sales culture.
On sales leadership in high-growth environments
- Sales leaders need to be extremely close to all elements of the sale and wear all hats while creating a frictionless selling environment focused on hyper-growth.
On finding strategic opportunities that impact win-rate
- Custom training can yield much stronger ROI, while a well-defined process for deal optimization leads to stronger results.
- Creating a strong infrastructure of building blocks such as a Deal Desk will allow reps to thrive.
On selling into the enterprise space
- The power of surgical prospecting and a strategic selling process is essential to winning large enterprise deals.
On building an effective channel sales team
- Strong communication and strategy are essential to avoiding channel conflict and the erosion of sales culture.
- Sales leadership
- Deal management
- Sales strategy
- Scaling sales teams
- Executive-level closing
- Sales leadership and individual contributor coaching
- New customer acquisition and closing
- Designing rewards and recognition programs
- Enterprise-wide communication
- Sales training
- Executive-level selling
Principal - Sales Strategy and Execution
Lead Consultant - Sales Operations
About Andy Shee
Andy Shee is a graduate of The Ohio State University where he studied Computer Science & Engineering. He works at Amazon as a software engineer, helping build and maintain their retail site.
He has contributed to our Software-as-a-Service product, The Deal Driver, as an engineer and architect – overseeing the integration into Salesforce and writing much of the core structure of the application.
Andy biked from coast to coast as part of a cancer charity in the summer of 2019.
About Ethan Zuccola
He contributes to The Deal Driver as an engineer – helping to maintain the application’s core and tackling client-specific challenges.
What others are saying.
“Our team loved working with the team from SVP. We found them to be authentic, hands-on and responsive. They immediately added value, and their insights are already helping us shape our organization to drive ROI and growth.”
“Chris and Chris have added value to my team since Day 1! They truly are authentic, results oriented and have become an extension of the Torchlight team. I’m excited about what we’ll achieve together.”
“The founders at Sales Velocity Partners bring an authentic, modern perspective to selling. I saw, first hand, the unique combination of sales, operational and financial expertise to create a winning sales culture and record-setting results!”
“I’ve worked with consultants before, but Sales Velocity Partners were different. They had an authentic, hands-on approach with fast work and fast results.”
“I’ve had the opportunity to work with both Chris Scarth and Chris Shee in high-growth arenas and have seen their passion and process deliver huge results. The approach they take to deal strategy and scaling teams sets them apart from others. It’s a core reason why their combination guarantees success. Their skill sets complement each other perfectly!
Get your growth engine started.
Schedule your meeting below
or call — 216-513-2484